Budding Journalist Noah is hitting the headlines

Sixteen year old Noah Dougherty has been making his own headlines recently as he took up his new post as columnist for the Stroud News and Journal.  Noah is studying Journalism, Photography, English Language and Media Studies at Cirencester Sixth Form College and is keen to become a Sports Journalist when he leaves.

Noah’s interest in journalism began when he was in Year 10 at Sir William Romney’s School and he had a week’s work experience at Forest Green Rovers.  After finishing his work experience at the club, Noah was invited to stay as a volunteer writing articles for their website, interviewing players and working as Match Data Reporter supplying match day data to the Press Association to be distributed to other media and betting outlets.

As Noah is keen to gain as much journalism experience as he can, he recently got in touch with the Stroud News and Journal, who have given him the opportunity to write his own column every five weeks.

Noah said, “I really enjoyed writing my first column about making the transition from Secondary School to College, which can be quite scary for some people.  I am grateful to both the football club and the Stroud News and Journal for giving me the opportunity to write for them and to get my name in print and online.  All this experience is enhancing my CV and hopefully one day will lead to greater things!”