Cirencester College Tutor Libby wins national accounting award!

Cirencester College tutor Libby Walklett has won an award from the AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians), a national qualification and professional body, for being their CPD Champion of the Year. The AAT commented that her application ‘blew them away’. Libby was also shortlisted in two other categories.

Libby has lectured at Cirencester College since last September, teaching the AAT’s accounting qualification. While studying for her own qualifications, Libby’s tutor noticed her teaching potential, giving her details of a college vacancy. Within a week of qualifying, Libby started as a lecturer.

Libby was awarded the AAT’s CPD Champion of the Year award as part of their Annual Conference, to recognise her dedication to helping other students progress and advance in their studies. She has also just completed an honours degree in business studies and accounting with The Open University.

After picking up her award, Libby said: I’m absolutely thrilled and incredibly proud of my award. I’ve been sharing my story on my personal Facebook page and on The Open University Facebook page to inspire others and have been overwhelmed by the positive response. I’ve also shared the news with my students and shown them my certificates and award and received a round of applause! 

It’s given me a real confidence boost to have my achievements appreciated by such a well-recognised and professional organisation as the AAT and I hope this will be influential in helping me develop my career.” 

Nicky Fisher, AAT President, said: “As a result of the quality and volume of submissions received, our judges had a very tough task both in putting together the final shortlists and then choosing the overall winners. We’d like to congratulate all winners and shortlisted members for their achievements, and I’m confident these awards will become an integral part of AAT Annual Conferences to come.”

If you would like to find out more about AAT qualifications at Cirencester College please contact student.journeyteam@cirencester.ac.uk.