Art students visit Milan

Recently, 40 Creative Arts students took a 4 day trip to Milan as a resource gathering expedition of one of the most exciting design capitals of the world!

There were many highlights throughout the entire journey including visiting the world famous Duomo Cathedral, sampling artistic masterpieces at the Galleria D’arte Moderna, strolling through the back streets of Milan’s illustrious Quadrilatero Fashion District  and also visiting the highly acclaimed Instituto Marangoni, one of the world’s most highly regarded fashion and design universities.

All of these activities were interspersed with many of the students personal adventures around Milan, there were stories involving the Milanese, architecture, public parks, fashion, shopping, pigeons and even confessions of love! At the end of the trip the group found some tranquillity in the scenery around the beautiful haven of Lake Como, a favourite spot for famous celebrities, it was an immense finale to a wonderful and purposeful trip for all.

Some of the students commented:

“I gained inspiration for my art final project and I am basing it on Milan”

“I gathered lots of photos and memories to hopefully use in my exam”

“Some amazing first hand images for my exam and inspiration as well as a fantastic experience”

“I gained a whole new perspective on travelling, the arts, after visiting the university it actually sparked an interest in fashion for me.  The gallery and the Duomo was incredible and so interesting.”

To find out more about Art courses at Cirencester College please contact student.journey@cirencester.ac.uk.