Toby wins Cotswolds’ ‘Spirit of Youth’ Award

Cirencester Sixth Form College student Toby Jones was the toast of the Cotswolds last night picking up the ‘Spirit of Youth’ Award at the Pride of the Cotswolds Awards 2018 at Forest Green Rovers.

Toby who was nominated by the College for his voluntary work at Battledown Centre for Children and Families in Cheltenham.  Toby helped with their Play Scheme in the summer holidays and has also been invaluable to their administration team, Toby was himself a pupil there between 2001 and 2004 and has also been a keen student ambassador of Cirencester College.

Toby is equally determined in his own studies, now in his second year of his Level 3 Vocational Business Studies. Toby has done all this whilst overcoming his own physical difficulties and challenges with his fine motor skills.

A delighted Toby said, “I feel overwhelmed, I was definitely not expecting it. It was a great experience I will never forget. I am glad to be supporting Battledown in what they do and working with both staff and children is a pleasure. I would like to mention all of the staff at Battledown who are amazing at what they do and provide high quality care to all of the children within their care.”

This is the second award Toby has picked up this year, in April Toby was honoured at Gloucester Catherdral by the Gloucestershire Branch of The Royal Society of St. George when Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal presented Toby with the Nairac Youth Award.

Jim Grant, Principal of Cirencester College, said how proud the staff are at the College of Toby.  “Once again I am thrilled that Toby has been recognised for his achievements here at Cirencester and his support of the Battledown Centre, he is such an amazing Ambassador and such a good example to other young people. We wish him every success in the future.”