Dan Christie – Creative & Digital Media Apprentice at Shadowplay

18 year old Dan joined Shadowplay in July 2018.  Dan was first inspired into an apprenticeship when he completed his work experience at school.  Dan explains “I was lucky to secure my placement at a visual effects film studio in London and I could see there that students from uni were working alongside members of staff who come from an apprenticeship background.  This was the first sign that I needn’t go down the university route.  The second reason was that I could progress into a career without the huge debt of university and being an apprentice meant I can earn a wage.  The third reason was that I had been working on CGI visual effects and graphic design as a hobby, which meant I had a lot of knowledge.  I would advise any young person not to feel pressured into going to university.  Sometimes it’s better to keep an open mind.  Get involved, get your foot in the door early, after doing some work experience at Shadowplay in my school summer holidays I got offered and apprenticeship role.

Kelly James has been really impressed with recruiting an apprentice. “Dan came to us on work experience, we wanted him to work for us at Shadowplay as we could see he was very talented! Through the Creative and Digital Media apprenticeship scheme at Cirencester College Dan is on a day release and working for us as our CGI and Motion Producer. Dan is responsible for delivering all CGI projects for our clients, he has the perfect work ethic regardless of age or being on an apprenticeship and still learning about the workplace, he’s the ideal employee, conscientious, hard-working, dedicated and a team player. We are thoroughly pleased to have Dan as part of our Shadowplay team.”