Kieran Hughes – IT Apprentice at Derive Logic

20 year old Kieran Hughes who joined Derive Logic in September 2018 explains “I chose to apply for an apprenticeship because I wanted to see if a role in IT is was what I wanted to commit to. I’ve loved computers and computing since I was young, but I did not have much interest in going on to university. Apprenticeships are incredible, they offer insight into the role and you’re always learning something new. I love learning new skills in IT so far I have learnt about licensing, project managing and even practical application such as the build and hardware function when dealing with devices. My goal is hopefully reaching the position of a consultant which is where my interest lies.”

Kieran’s supervisor Scott Gough and Derive Logic are strong supporters of the apprenticeship scheme, Scott said, “Our board feel it is important that young people in our area are given the opportunity to pursue a career in IT and Technology.  They are committed to continue our investment in young people in our local area.

The advantages of employing apprentices for the company are that you can develop the exact skills, knowledge and expertise we need across the business. The apprentices bring new ideas and knowledge to the business and we can effectively scale our business and support rapid growth. Our apprenticeship scheme continues to support our continuing growth, we would recommend employing apprentices to any employers.