Mollie Brunsdon – Accounting Apprentice at CIA Fire and Security Ltd

Nineteen-year-old Mollie Brunsdon is on her second apprenticeship with CIA Fire and Security “I applied for an apprenticeship as it meant I was learning whilst I was working, gaining skills and knowledge for my future career. My advice to anyone thinking about an apprenticeship is to take advantage of every opportunity. I started learning the business through my Business Administration apprenticeship and found out that I really enjoyed accounting and now I have been given the chance to gain my accounting qualifications. I hope in the future to gain a full-time position in an accounting environment.”

Mollie’s Office Manager Jo Harrison, “Apprentices are vital to our business, we have been running engineering apprenticeships for 20 years and business apprenticeships for the last 6 years in customer service and administration. Mollie is our first accounting apprentice.  We find training someone from scratch you get to shape them how you want to, they provide resource for the future and it’s an economical way for employing and developing the business.