Cirencester College students selected for prestigious creative writing project run by Cheltenham Literature Festival.

Two fantastic English students from Cirencester College have been chosen to take part in an exciting creative writing initiative and mentoring project titled Write Now, in association with Cheltenham Literature Festival.

Bee Rowlands and Daisy Glassett-King are amongst the six students selected to take part in the scheme across the county. Write Now helps the group of 16-18 year olds to nurture their creative writing abilities through workshops, mentoring and networking.

This year the group are mentored by writer and performer Imogen Downes and former Bath Young Poet Laureate Polly Denny. Both are experienced with leading workshops and will encourage the aspiring writers to work on their talent over the course of a year.

The girls will get the chance to take part in ten workshops between October 2019 and October 2020, the month of the Cheltenham Literature Festival. Once their work is complete, they will be offered the chance to perform some their work at the festival itself which is a huge honour for the students.

Course Leader for A-level English, Jo James said: “I am so proud of these students, especially as there were only six places available and applications were invited from all schools and colleges in Gloucestershire. This is a wonderful opportunity for them to develop their creative writing skills. Daisy and Bee have done so well in gaining places on this excellent programme run by Cheltenham Festivals and I wish them well for the year ahead.”

Both girls are really looking forward to the programme. Daisy said: “I’m really proud to have been chosen for the scheme and am looking forward to developing my writing over the next year with the help of the two mentors. Displaying my work next year at Cheltenham Literature festival will be really exciting.”
Bee added: “The programme is a great chance for me to learn more about creative writing, something I’m really passionate about, and I’m thrilled to have been chosen. I can’t wait to get started.”

To find out more about our English courses, click here or come along to our Open Evening on Thursday 6th February 2020, 5-8pm.