University and Employers Convention 2020

This week Cirencester College held their annual University and Employers Convention, welcoming exhibitors to the sports hall for a busy afternoon of showcasing what they can offer students. 

The convention, which coincides with National Careers Week, was a valuable opportunity for nearly 1000 students, parents and pupils from two local schools to meet with over 80 employers, universities and apprenticeship training providers and learn more about their options post college. 

Students were thrilled to meet so many providers and their feedback was extremely positive, with some students commenting: 

“I found the university representatives particularly useful because I’m currently at the point where I’m starting to consider different uni’s for when I finish next year.”

“I was considering a career in the RAF anyway but it was good to be able to chat to someone and make my choice final.”

“Today made me consider going straight into an apprenticeship scheme rather than going to university, it’s really changed my opinion on what I want to go into.”

For more information please contact mara.west@cirencester.ac.uk