Apprentice gains top qualification despite Coronavirus restrictions

Cirencester College Apprentice Kayleigh Lawrence has achieved a Distinction grade for her End Point Assessment, despite challenging lockdown conditions.

Kayleigh joined Precision Solutions in 2018 as a Financial Services Administrator Apprentice and has been completing various tasks during her time there.

Reflecting on her time at Precision Solutions and the success of her Distinction, Kayleigh said: “I’ve enjoyed learning about all the different types of pensions and investments. It was something I knew little to nothing about. My line manager was exceptional, she helped me gain the confidence as well as the knowledge I needed to pass the apprenticeship.

The End Point Assessment was good, it helped me reflect on all that I have learned from when I started the apprenticeship. It was a bit different as we all had to work from home due to COVID, but everyone was supportive, and we found a way around it. Receiving a distinction was amazing, it made me realise that all the hard work that not only I put in, but also those that supported me had paid off.”

Kayleigh’s line manager Jo Pike said: “Since joining us Kayleigh has learned so much about the Financial Services Industry as she deals with pensions, investments, and much more. Kayleigh has learned so much and has undertaken many projects to improve admin tasks within the business.

This exam was an extremely hard exam but with determination and hard work, Kayleigh passed the exam and the apprenticeship programme with a distinction.  We are very proud of Kayleigh and what she has achieved, and she is now a very important key member of our team.”

Throughout part of her apprenticeship, Kayleigh was paired with a coach, Andrea Wood, who helped support her with the process. Kayleigh said: “Andrea was a very helpful coach who definitely supported me and encouraged me when I felt like I couldn’t pass the exam. She gave me as much of her time as I needed and came up with many different ways to help me as I was struggling.”

Are you interested in an apprenticeship placement? Or are you an employer looking to hire an apprentice? Contact apprenticeships@cirencester.ac.uk for more information.