Cirencester College Financial Studies students excel at qualifications and gain top scholarship

Two Cirencester College Financial Studies students have achieved outstanding results in The London Institute of Banking & Finance qualifications, subsequently gaining a scholarship towards a degree programme.

Rupert Ambrose and Abbie Rees both received a Certificate in Financial Studies as top performers in the qualification from the last academic year, 2019/20. To recognise the success of the students, The London Institute of Banking and Finance has invited the winners to a bespoke visit day at their City of London campus. The visit will help students to experience an insight into studying banking and finance at our university and speak directly to current students on the degree programme.

Rupert and Abbie received a scholarship towards a degree programme with the scheme, which will be hugely beneficial towards a potential future in finance.

Abbie said: “I’m really pleased with the grade that I got in Finance Studies and I am really enjoying the subject. I’m hoping to go onto study something in finance or get an apprenticeship and so this should help me achieve this.” Rupert said about the course: “Financial Studies at Cirencester College is really interesting and a relevant subject.”

Financial Studies lecturer, Karen Lucker said: “I am incredibly proud that for the fourth year running we have had students achieving exceptional exam results. All students that have received the award have been in the top 5% of the country. I am very passionate about the course as I believe it teaches students valuable information about managing their money and avoiding debt. Personally I think everyone should be given the opportunity to learn about money, how to save and how to plan for future expenditure. Past students that have completed the course with us have gone on to work for financial institutions or university.”

To find out more about our Finance course, click here.