Computer Science student achieves place on prestigious Cisco work experience placement

A Cirencester College first-year Computer Science A-level student has been accepted onto a work experience placement with multinational technology company Cisco.

Chloe Duggan applied for the placement and found out last week that she had been successful in gaining a place. The weeklong programme is in partnership with MyKindaFuture, an HR tech company specialising in helping underrepresented talent get into work and excel in their role. The virtual work experience programme will take place in February, and Chloe is really looking forward to taking part.

“Being able to do my work experience with a prodigious company like Cisco, a world-leading IT Vendor gives me real industry experience and helps strengthen my CV & UCAS applications. I’m so grateful for my tutors’ support during the application process. It’s incredible to have secured a place in such a competitive recruitment process. It’s another amazing step on my journey to becoming a Computer Forensic specialist.”

Computer Science Lecturer Kate Blackie said: “I am delighted that Chloe has been accepted for this work-experience opportunity. Chloe is making the most of her time at Cirencester College and is proactive in taking advantage of all the online opportunities being offered to Computer Science students at the moment. She is a real inspiration.

The week will be a fantastic experience and hopefully will lead to further opportunities and help Chloe achieve her career goal, in an industry that is trying hard to bust the stereotypes and encourage more women to take up IT jobs.”

If you’re interested in studying on one of our IT courses, click here.